What if you're not flexible?
Then this Yoga is for you! You do Hot Yoga to stretch your body and spine in order to increase your flexibility and strength. This yoga attracts all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. Anyone can do it!
Why is the room heated?
The room is heated to reduce the chance of injury by warming up your muscles and tendons, allowing you to stretch more, build muscle faster, and tone up quicker by sweating, and giving you a good cardio workout at the same time.
What should you bring?
Please bring a yoga mat if you have one, a large beach size towel, a bottle of water (no iced water!), and a change of clothes. We sell and rent yoga mats and we rent towels and sell bottled water at the studio. First class we will lend you a mat free of charge. Yoga mat usage is mandatory in class.
What should you wear?
Women should wear shorts or short tights and a sports bra or tank top. Men should wear shorts, short tights or a bathing suit. Remember - you'll be sweating so avoid long pants and loose clothes.
How long is class?
Hot Yoga Winnipeg’s Beginners Hatha Yoga class is 90 minutes in length. It is a two-part series. The first part consisting of a standing series, and then followed by a floor series.
How often should you come?
Come as often as you can. The time and effort you put into doing Hot Yoga will be returned to you tenfold. We recommend 3 or more times a week, especially in the beginning. Within four weeks you will see (and feel!) noticeable differences! If you buy an Unlimited Monthly pass, classes can cost less than $5 per class if you come frequently.
Can you eat before class?
You should come to class on an empty stomach. You should not have food for 2 to 3 hours before class. You can drink juice or eat fruits up to 1 hour before class.
What about water?
You should drink plenty of water every day. This is better than just drinking water before or during class. With Hot Yoga, you are simultaneously cleansing all the systems of your body from the inside out. It is important to stay hydrated so your elimination systems (bowel, urinary, and skin) can support your efforts.
What if you have injuries or illnesses?
Please let the teacher know if you have any injuries, illnesses, or special conditions. You can still do most yoga postures, with a few modifications that the teacher will show you. But most of all, you go at your own pace as you are your own teacher.
What are some tips to make the most of your Yoga class?
- You can start anytime, all abilities welcome! Every class is the same series
- No pre-registration is required. Classes are all on a drop-in basis
- Just show up minimum 15 minutes early
- Classes start right on time. Studio doors open 30 min. prior to class start
- Bring your own water, full size towel, and yoga mat if you have one (we sell water/rent mats/rent towels)
- Eat lightly: no large meals 2 to 3 hours prior to class
- Drink plenty of water during the day, before, during and after class
- BE PREPARED TO SWEAT!
More helpful hints to make the most of your Yoga class...
1. No shoes are to be worn beyond the main entry. Please have clean feet. If you have any conditions of the feet (fungus, planters warts etc.) please have them treated immediately as many are contagious. Be sure to have them dressed or covered.
2. Please be silent in the yoga room. Refrain from loud volume conversation inside the class as others may be in meditation. We have a lounge in which people can visit before class.
3. Please turn off cell phones and beepers while in class and leave them in the change room.
4. Refrain from wearing perfume or scented oils or ointments in class, as people may have allergies and when you begin to sweat, the smell becomes very pungent.
5. No chewing gum in the class.
6. If you are pregnant, please discuss it with your doctor prior to coming. Our Instructors can offer you modified postures that you can still perform in a regular class.
CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR INTERESTING FACTS ON SWEATING!
OTHER LINKS AND FRIENDS OF HOT YOGA WINNIPEG: